Weekend Intensives: Buford
Connect to the Text
Weekend Intensive with Shon Middlebrooks
An Intense weekend learning to annhilate personal blocks that keep you from connecting with the text in a scene.
Ages 16-Adult: Friday August 12: 6:30-9:30pm
Saturday August 13 10am-2pm
Have you been told "you need to go deeper'" or "You need to connect more'" or "it sounds like you are acting?" I want to help you annihilate those personal blocks that prevent you from truly connecting to those words written in the script. I can help you take those words on paper and create an atmosphere where your character vibrates with truthfullness and vitality.
- Learning the process to connect to the text
- Making that connection personal to you
- Exercises to explore your temperment and adding that element to your scene
- Personal Assessment and feedback
- Specific tools tailored to you to help you reach connection
- Discover your personal blocks and how to break through them
For this workshop, you will be required to bring in your own scene or monologue to use for class. You can accomplish this in several ways. You can always use an script from a past audition. You can use a script from a current audition you are working on.
Or you can get scenes from these various places:
- Showfax.com: If you have a showfax account ($70 a year), you can pull a script from there. Showfax is great because it contains scripts from all the current TV and Film projects that are CURRENTLY casting. This means you can pull a script from a show that’s on tv right now to use for practice! This is highly advantageous for this class since you will could be practicing all the things you learn with scripts that you could get called in to audition for by your agent!
- International Movie Script Database: http://www.imsdb.com
- Simply Scripts: http://www.simplyscripts.com
- Scridx: http://scridx.com
- Script-O-Rama: http://script-o-rama.com
- You can cut your own scene from a TV show or movie